Thursday, October 9, 2008

Birthday-day

This past weekend I celebrated 24 years of living. It's been a lot of wonderful years, some tough days, but overall a very happy and healthy life.

I didn't have to work Saturday so Dave and I slept in and made pancakes for brunch. Dave surprised me with the most wonderful birthday present: blueprint plans for a new craft work area in our guest bedroom! I am so excited to see this come together, I've been dreaming of a work area like this for a long time (see Craftiness photo album). Hopefully it will be up and running soon, because I've got quilts to make and other craft ideas burning in my brain. The goal: to have an Etsy shop up by the end of the year (hopefully before Christmas to benefit from crafty Christmas shoppers).

We spent Saturday afternoon planning out the work area. We also carved pumpkins (see Autumn photo album for pics) with Chris and Laurie that evening.

Sunday I had to be at church early to rehearse my solo - my first at Meadowbrook Church. Poor Davey, I wanted him to be the first to wish me a Happy Birthday so I tried to gently wake him enough to speak to me. He had absolutely no clue, and when I mouthed the words "HAP-PEE BURTH-DAAAY" his eyes went wide and a huge smile went across his face. He managed to say "Hap hee Birf da" and kissed me before he went back to sleep. :)

My solo went really well at church. Afterwards, all our young adult friends went out to Red Robin for lunch. Jess' birthday was on Oct 4 and Laurie's was on Oct 6 -- so we had a few reasons to celebrate!

After lunch, Dave had organized a surprise outing for me: a group visit to a Corn Maze! The Farm in Snohomish was really fun: pick your own pumpkins, pig shows, duck races, puppy and kitty holding....wait, let me repeat that - KITTY HOLDING!!!! (more fun than the corn maze if you ask me). The corn maze was really impressive - shaped like the state of Washington, you had to visit certain cities and collect facts while trying to make your way out of the maze. Shauna brought cupcakes for us to eat before we all departed our separate ways back home.



In conclusion, I had an amazing birthday thanks to so very many special friends and family. My husband did an awesome job of making my day special...I've trained him well :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. It really sounds like a great day.

Anonymous said...

Totally jealous of the craft room plans.