Friday, February 12, 2010

WORKING AT HOME

Long before technology made working at home a common thing for human beings, cats had smoothly adjusted to conducting both their business and their personal lives from the same dwelling. Since, technically, I am not allowed anywhere near the computer, even though it makes a nice heater, I don't have an easy signal that indicates when I am working. And so I don't receive the respect that other domestic (home-office) workers now enjoy.

As the notion of "housewife" has changed, I can only hope "housecat" changes as well. My days are indeed long, and the level of appreciation is short. There is furniture to be sat on, toys to be hidden, litter to be rearranged, birds to be watched, affection to be granted, a dog to taunt, and much much more.

The key to a successful home office is establishing boundaries. I try to structure a regular workday for myself, and I take time for regular naps so that I can bring my personal best, every day.

-Rini


Food Lady interrupted my work flow with her Boxface. I'm trying to socialize with my fellow felines here.

No comments: