Saturday, March 13, 2010

THE 9-LIFE RECOVERY PROGRAM

A fellow feline friend of mine sent me this list via email. I thought it was worth sharing with all of you other cats out there who need a little reminding to keep calm and carry on:

  1. Admitting that there is too much to be done, and I don’t have to be the only cat in the world to do everything
  2. Accepting the Food Lady (also known as The Higher Power) as my caretaker
  3. Praying that the Food Lady comes back from that weekend at the beach
  4. Hoping that the Food Lady believes I destroyed the closet in her absence out of love and loneliness, not anger
  5. Realizing that I do not have to be the Food Lady’s sole source of happiness and joy
  6. Acknowledging that just because my food smells funny and I refuse to eat for three days doesn’t mean that I have an eating problem
  7. Resolving to do what I can do well, and then take a nap
  8. Allowing myself to take another nap if I need to (or if there is nothing to chase)
  9. Taking things one life at a time
-Rini


I will not allow myself to become a cat who does too much. Some of youz humanz need to take heed of this 9-Step program tooz...mkay.

No comments: