Sunday, March 14, 2010

CROCHETED LIGHT

I stumbled upon Moonbasket the other day and fell absolutely in love with these jars.


After looking at them for a few minutes, I thought I could make these:






So I did.
And this is how:


MATERIALS
  • crocheted doilies
  • scissors
  • craft glue
  • glass jar
  • votive candle holder
  • tealight candle

I went to my local thrift store to find some crocheted doiles that some sweet grandmother made. I did not find said doilies, but I did hit the jackpot of all crocheted items with this wonderful sweater (that some grandmother wore...probably):

complete with shoulder pads and a huge cat shadow


Then I cut out the individual little circles



Next, I glued the circles onto the glass jar using the craft glue.


After letting the glue dry, I put the tealight into the votive holder, and then the votive holder into the jar. Then I lit the candle and turned off the lights and.....





Let there be magical crocheted light!


Easy and absolutely romantic. Now you can make some too! Just let me know if you do and be sure to send me some photos!

No comments: