Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Beachiness

Summer is quickly approaching….or is it Spring? I’m so confused. I don’t think we’ve had spring here yet. At least the weather this past weekend was “springy”……ish. Never though I would miss the Georgia humidity so much!

We wanted to get out of town (like everyone else) so I started looking for somewhere to go last Wednesday night. Last-minute-me. Luckily, I found a wonderful little beach town that had cottages for rent: www.seabrookwa.com. Plus they had a special where you make your reservations the Thursday before the weekend and you get 20% off = awesome! So we found some friends to come with us and we were able to get a 2 Bed/2 Bath cottage for $80 a night per couple! I have to brag when I find a deal like that…especially at the last minute.

We left Friday after work and we were pleasantly surprised to find that there was not a lot of traffic. Its about a 3 hour drive from our house to the beach, but it didn’t seem that far since we were having so much fun on the way down. We even stopped at a roadside BBQ place that had won a bazillion awards for it’s BBQ – another amazing find!

The rest of the weekend was spent exploring the beach, riding bikes through town and on the beach, reading, relaxin, playing games and eating. You can view our pictures here: kravey.shutterfly.com.

Our friends left Monday morning, while Davey and I stayed at the beach a little longer to explore the neighboring towns. Of course we both got sunburned our last day out, but it was totally worth it. We’ll definitely be going back to Seabrook for more beach getaways in the future. Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend!

-K

No comments: