Wednesday, September 9, 2009

All for fun!

Last week we left Seattle and headed south. We set sail from San Diego with Davey’s parents, David and Becky, aboard the Carnival Elation Cruise ship and spent two and a half days at sea before arriving in Catalina, California.

Now, normally it doesn't take two and a half days to sail the 25 miles from San Diego to Catalina Island. But, when a cruise ship that is initially bound for Cabo San Lucas - at the very tip of the Baja Peninsula - wants to avoid the hurricane that is also planning on going to Cabo, then it takes two and a half days to turn around and get to Catalina. I must say we made some very pretty figure eights out in the ocean, and since the ocean looks like ocean, I had no idea I wasn't headed to Cabo.

Once in Catalina, we went kayaking down the coast where Davey jumped off a huge rock before we went shopping in the downtown area. The next day we made port in Ensenada, Mexico. We also did some shopping downtown and then went to the countryside to drive dune buggies in the dirt. It was AWESOME!! and DIRTY!!

We got back to San Diego on Thursday morning, at which point we headed straight to Sea World to visit Shamu and his buddies. The next day we went to the San Diego Zoo and the Coronado Resort where the movie "Some Like It Hot" was filmed. Saturday morning we made it to Mission Beach before our flight left that afternoon.

CHECK OUT PICTURES HERE!

We had a really great time and enjoyed the cruise despite the re-route. I highly recommend San Diego as a vacation spot. There is so much to do there and the weather is always perfect. Let me know if you find any great ticket deals to San Diego!

1 comment:

tom said...

I saw the wrecked boat in your photo gallery. Based on prior experience, I'd say that if Dave and I were ever to captain a vessel together, that's how it'd end up. Just sayin'.

The new puppy looks awesome - named it yet?