Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chillins

Sorry that so many of my recent posts have been about our new dog, but when you have a puppy its really all that you have going on. Much like having a baby (I would imagine) there is no moment of your day that you are not thinking about or caring for your little one. Unlike having a baby, we're still having to get up in the middle of the night to take Jazz outside in the freezing cold and we have to keep a constant eye on him to make sure he's not chewing on anything he's not supposed to. We basically have two toddlers at home right now -- two toddlers who do not really care for one another.

Jazz has taken to "herding" Rini when he is in the kitchen, i.e. running circles around Rini until he becomes twice his normal size in hair-raised fur. Rini has given a few blows of his own to the curious and "too playful" pup -- at least he's defending himself. Even as I sit here writing this post, I feel like I'm running a preschool: Jazz is kenneled up with his dinner while Rini takes this moment of silence and peace to gaze out the kitchen window (a joy that Jazz has deemed unsuitable for cats). *sigh* In 30 minutes I'll be outside in the freezing rain and cold dragging this cute little puppy on a walk who will run back inside, soaking wet and ready to play some more.

Winter is officially here and I had no idea motherhood could be this cold and wet. I promise my next post will have nothing to do with puppies :) Until then, enjoy this VIDEO of Jazz on one of the last days of sunshine we will have for a long while.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I remember those days. Treasure every moment - even the wet ones.