One of my good friends from Atlanta has a really fun blog called The Life Pursuit. I worked with San at NBIS when I lived in Atlanta. She is a really fun gal who is a wonderful illustrator. She has a full-time job, but I think her best work is her artistic commissions she blogs about. I also love her goofy-personality! One of my favorite parts of her blog is her “What I Wore Today” posts where she illustrates herself and describes what she is wearing. Her fashion style is really cute and I love to see how she pieces things together. I wanted to try my hand at doing a “What I Wore Today” post, so here is my attempt. Let me know what you think!
Seeing as its fall here in the Northwest, whatever I wear has to be warm and pretty waterproof. I’ve become obsessed with boots while living out here because not only do they look super cute, but they are warm, cozy, comfortable and keep my feet dry! I just got these new RocketDog ones on sale at Macy’s the other day and I am LOVING them! I only paid $6 for them because I had some American Express Gift Cards that I won (another post coming soon)! My brown tights are keeping my legs warm because my dress is a little short (scandalous!). The knit dress is from Target and the long-sleeve white shirt is an old-standby from Belk – great for layering. I actually forgot to wear earrings today *GASP* which is really crazy for me because it’s the only jewelry I wear (besides my wedding/engagement rings) But, its okay because I’m actually wearing my hair down **another GASP** and straightened, so my ears don’t really show. I really like this outfit because it is very fall. I want to just go run and jump in a big pile of dry leaves….but all the leaves out here are soaked. Lame.
Well, that’s it for my first – What I Wore Today. My illustration style is pretty different from San’s, but hopefully I look kinda like myself (except for the fact that I illustrated an ideal cartoon version of me – HA! Heck no I don’t have a waist that thin! Perhaps next time I will draw myself more proportional to my actual curves. Lol. But my outfit looks way cuter drawn out like this. Hey, I’m the artist and I can do what I want, crammit.)
2 comments:
What's funny is that you and I wore almost the exact same thing today (with the exception of straightened hair). Kidding, of course.
But blog suggestions? Where to start ... ? I'll just go with a few:
Stuff Christians Like
Alive & Kev
Church Crunch
Ragamuffin Soul
Whittaker Woman
Signal vs. Noise
Tripp Crosby
There's a random collection of my least geeky stuff. Have at it.
Aw Kristen you are so sweet!!! I love your illustration, it looks great :D I'll have to email you sometime about my job situation - its about to chaaaange again. Dun dun dunn! So there should be more "freelance posts" soon ;) Keep posting these, I think its great!
Post a Comment