Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Home at last!

Well, we've been pretty busy I must say. This past weekend was a flurry of fun and excitement.

Friday night we celebrated with a bunch of friends - a triple birthday smackdown! Jess' birthday is on the 4th, mine is on the 5th and Laurie's is on the 6th so we all celebrated together. Our cake even had JKL initials on it. How clever! We grilled out, played Mario Kart, opened presents, ate cake and had a wonderful time together.

I had a hard time staying asleep on Friday night. I woke up at one point and Davey was awake too. We were both too excited to sleep. After driving the hour and a half to Camano Island, we arrived around 11:30 AM to pick up our new pup. Jazz was out in the yard with some of his littermates running around getting out his energy before the ride back home with us. The breeder gave us papers and a bag of food and we were good to go. Jazz rode in my lap the whole way -- not sleeping. The little guy yawned every minute of the ride but it seemed now he was too excited to go to sleep! We made a pit-stop by a pet store to pick up a leash and collar for Jazz and as soon as Davey picked him up and carried him inside the store, Jazz was asleep. He was so sweet and all the ladies in the store went crazy over him.


The past few days have been a blur of feeding, petting, running, walking, waking up every 3 hours to go outside in the middle of the night, toys and fluffy fur. Its been fun and Jazz is starting to adjust really well to the house and our schedule. It took him a while to adjust to a leash and collar, but he's catching on quickly and has already learned "sit"! Even the cat is adjusting -- they've sniffed and checked on another out several times and there have been no major encounters so far. The funniest thing to watch is Santorini stare at Jazz -- he's trying so hard to figure out WHAT he is!

Our little Jazz is quite the star right now, but we're excited to see him grow and learn in the next few months!

2 comments:

Tom said...

Ah, man, I remember *all* too well the midnight trips outdoors for the sake of housebreaking.

I fondly remember them as puppies, but I don't really miss it.

Excited to see what you guys have in store as he grows!

Laura said...

So glad you are adjusting. I do wish I could meet him but the pictures are good for now. He is adorable.