Wednesday, July 7, 2010

ALL ALONE

Abandonment is something we all face, from the day early in life when we are torn from our mothers and sent to a new home onward. (Many of us cats have never even known our real fathers). And so every time the Food Lady prepares to leave, even for a short time, that feeling of abandonment is naturally triggered.

Its hard not to take it personally, not to think that it is something that I have done, or haven't done, or should have done. Did I shed too much? Should I have paid her a little more attention? Is my litter box untidy? Doesn't she know that sleeping on her face is a sign of love?

These kinds of questions are just so much stinkin' thinkin'. The simple truth is that the Food Lady roams farther and wider then we are allowed, and that sometimes she is called away. The loss is hers for being absent from my presence.

I have not driven the Food Lady away, so I will remain secure and rooted --- in her bed.

Hai, where you goin?
Don't you abandon me too!
Come back heres!

1 comment:

::LYNDSEY:: said...

i'll be a guesty guest guest. especially since i can't seem to write on my own blog. yours sounds like a treat!