Monday, May 10, 2010

JUST LIKE MOM

I can't tell you how many blog posts I read yesterday where people were giving props to their moms (and rightfully so, we're all happy to brag about our sweet mommas). I especially enjoyed the posts that had old photos of people with their moms, from babies to present day, you could tell who belonged to whom because all of these women looked similar (if not identical) to their moms.

I'm sure you could tell from my previous Friday 5 at 5 post, that my mom and I don't look too much alike. I think I'm an equal looking combination of my mom and dad nowadays.


But, at one point in my life, my mom and I looked EXACTLY the same.



This is me, when I was 2 yrs old.



And this is my mom, when she was around 2 yrs old.




Scary.....no?

I first noticed this when I was sorting through some old photos at my grandmothers house a couple of years ago. I actually saw this picture first and had to do a double-take because it looked like I was hanging out with a much younger version of my grandpa (Papaw).


Turns out it was a much younger version of my mom with a much younger version of Papaw - her dad.


Do you resemble one of your parents more than the other?
Now or at a previous time in your life?

3 comments:

tom said...

Definitely look like my Dad especially when he was this age..

Laura said...

Obviously I look like my mom. Around 16 I finally gave up getting mad when people said it. I just accept it.

Kristen said...

Both you guys def. resemble your parents a lot. I think it gets "cooler" the older you get, and its not an embarrassment anymore