Saturday, May 8, 2010

LITTER

I know that flexibility is important to getting by life's little hurdles. But I also know that we must have our standards, that in certain matters, flexibility is insufficient.

One of the constant risks of being a cat is the ever-changing status of the litter box. every day can bring a new surprise, and a completely different state of affairs. The Food Lady seems to find this amusing, rather than a shameful lapse of constancy. But imagine if every time a human went into the bathroom the toilet was made of a completely different material, or had an entirely different smell -- or had inadvertently been moved to a completely different part of the room.

To the Food Lady, litter may be a nuisance. But to me, litter is something that I count on. I will try to be flexible about my less important needs, if you will simply bring home the premium brand instead of buying whatever is on sale, Food Lady!

I will put my faith in the constancy of the litter, and if that fails, I will use the nice white bathtub.
-Rini

Juuust kidding..............maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I totally imagine my kitty, Scout, having these exact same thoughts! Love it.

LaNaya

Kristen said...

Its funny how all cats think alike. Rini has gone in the tub a couple of times (bc I didn't clean out his litter box soon enough). But I'd rather him go there than on the carpet, ya know?