PARTY #2:
The Moustache Bash
INVITATIONS:
Invitations were made (see the tutorial post) and handed out about a month before the event. We ended up having 20 people total at the party.
ENTERTAINMENT:
Besides just laughing at one another wearing mustaches, there were two games and an award contest. We also had a make-shift photo booth set up for people to take silly photos together.
FOOD:
We had a buffet of mustache inspired foods including french fries, a mustache cake and crackers with salami mustaches. Drinks were also provided including two mustache-themed cocktails.
DECOR:
I didn't really purchase decorations for this event since it was more about just hanging out together and celebrating all things "mustache-y". Each person received a drinking glass with a mustache etched on it with a comb and button inside as their party favor.
Budget Breakdown:
INVITATIONS
Fabric: $5
PVA Glue: On hand
Printouts: Free
Cardboard: Recycled
Envelopes: $8
TOTAL = $13
$13/20 invites = .65 each
GAMES
"Match That Stache"
2 Foam Core Boards: $16
"Who's Stache is That"
FOOD
PHOTO BOOTH
FAVORS
MUSTACHES
Here's a quick video of Michael that I think sums up the greatness that was "The Mustache Bash"
Velcro: $5
Printouts: Free
Tape: On hand
"Who's Stache is That"
Posterboard: $2
Printouts: Free
Tape: On hand
TOTAL: $23
PRIZES
Trophies: $3
Wooly Willies: $10
Target Giftcard: $10
TOTAL: $23
FOOD
Crackers with Cheese & Salami: $6
Cake: $5
Cookies: $9
Chips & Salsa: $5
Misc other food: $7
TOTAL: $32
DRINK
Miss Stache: $15
Mustache Shots: $17
Soda: $2
TOTAL: $34
PHOTO BOOTH
2 White Sheet: $10
3M Hooks: $6
Photo Booth Program: On hand
TOTAL: $16
FAVORS
Glasses: $24
Combs: $20
Buttons: $10
Etching Goo: $10
TOTAL: $64
$64/20 = $3.20 each
MUSTACHES
Mine: $4
Davey's: $5
TOTAL: $9
GRAND TOTAL: $214
LESSONS LEARNED:
- Make a budget BEFORE starting the party planning. This is a no-brainer for most people, but I was just so excited about making this party awesome that every decision was made with the thought "will this make the party more awesome?" vs. "do I have the money to buy this for the party?". I could have spent much less on favors and drinks and the party would still have been great. The plus side of spending so much on one party is that it forces me to be dirt cheap for the next few parties - a CHALLENGE!!!
- Don't wait until the day of the party to clean your house, cook food and put up a photo booth. I tried so hard not to let this happen, but it did and man, I was exhausted by the time our first guests arrived.
- If you're gonna have games, make sure you know the rules and that you spell them out for everyone. I know some people were frustrated with the "Who's Stache is That" game because they didn't arrive in time to hear the rules and/or there were a lot of discrepancies for correct answers (somehow that gets more difficult when adults play games together).
- Those rolls of cookie dough are FREAKIN' EXPENSIVE!
- Silly theme parties are the best. I really think this random-idea party was much more fun than some of the traditional theme parties I've been too. I've also never known so much about all the different kinds of mustaches.
Here's a quick video of Michael that I think sums up the greatness that was "The Mustache Bash"
Don't forget to share your party ideas with me! Also, if you attended this party please leave comments as to how you think it went! Anything you would have done differently?





2 comments:
We keep finding left-behind mustaches in the strangest places!
LESSONS LEARNED:
1. Give Kridden a budget with physical cash. Remove the plastic from the financial equation.
2. Remind her that she always forgets about the small things that need to be done that add up to big things.
3. She is great at finding crazy/fun games to play.
4. It is disturbing yet satisfying to bite into a cracker that has a mustache face on it.
5. Sillyness is the bestest. Some people will surprise you with their cleverness. And when everyone looks goofy, it is easier for the more reserved people to be silly as well.
Good additional lessons.
Admit it, you had an awesome time and you love me :)
Post a Comment