When we moved into our current house this time last year I was in need of a new kitchen table because our large glass dining table would not fit into our small kitchen. I scanned Craigslist and found a wooden table for $40. It looked something like the one below, except not in as good of condition. The finish was pretty beat up with worm holes and even a little mold on the top....eew.

I had big plans for re-fininshing the table by painting it a bright cranberry color. I was excited to have a bright piece of furniture in our mostly-white kitchen and the idea of a cranberry colored table was pretty unique. So I painted just the top of the table to see if we could handle having a "fuschia" table in our lives. You can see the top of the table from this picture used in a previous post.
We handled it...for a whole year. Then, I decided I wanted something more classic and country that suits a simple kitchen. I love old farmhouse tables, they just exude "good warm family dinners together" for some reason.
Not only would I take any of those tables, but just package up any one of those kitchens and I'll be good to go. Check back tomorrow for the big reveal of "ma nouvelle table" -- "my new table"!






1 comment:
I want one too!!
Post a Comment