Wednesday, June 23, 2010

AWAKENING

I celebrated my fourth birthday last week - which makes me 32 human years old. The Food Lady made no mention of it here, I see. I did, however, get a very nice treat for dinner, some playtime with my favorite feathered toy and a pre-bedtime massage, so I can't complain too much.

I also spent most of my birthday napping, waking up, napping some more, waking again, and then back to napping. What can I say? I'm a feline of numerous talents.

A cat spends more time waking up than almost any other mammal because of its unique sleeping cycle. It takes great courage to face the dawn of a new day at least twelve times each day. This may explain why cats are given nine lives when lesser creatures are given only one.

Think of the bear, giant and ferocious, awesome in size and speed -- well, of course, because he has to awaken but once a year, and can thus devote his energies elsewhere. Cats are awakening constantly.

I will awaken at my own pace. I will stretch until limber. I will not be rushed.
I will force the Food Lady to celebrate my next birthday in style, using blackmail if necessary.

-Rini


I is suh-leepins right nows

No comments: