I'll be working two jobs this week. In the afternoons I'll be working my usual graphic design job, but from 9am-Noon....I'll be doing this:

Proof that God has a plan for my life: He planted me in the South, raised me with a good ol' Southern accent, then transplanted me to one of the most non-redneck areas in the US, just so I could lead a bunch of kids in a cowboy-themed Vacation Bible School. Yup. That's riiight. I'll be singing and dancing in my cowboy boots every morning this week and enjoying every minute of it (kinda like this guy).
I've even impressed myself with how quickly I can slip back into a thick Southern accent. Even my grammar goes Southern. See! Even now, I'm typin' in Southern! Sorta.
I grew up going to VBS every summer and when I was too old to be in a class, I was helping with decorations and leading the worship time. I love it. I love the fun themes, the crafts, the snacks, the excitement about learning about God, working with people from church I don't know very well, and getting to know the kids.
Maybe, if you're lucky, I'll post some video at the end of the week --- showing off my cowboy moves! Who wants to see me make a fool of myself for Jesus?
No comments:
Post a Comment