One of the rules of the Ten Party Project is that you have to create invitations to the party that go with the theme. I'm the queen of last-minute photoshopped emailed invites, so I hope that with these parties I can get a little more creative and physically make the invites with paper or other crafty materials. I think our invites for the pajama party turned out really cute:
I'm not the best a creating tutorial posts (mostly because I get so into making whatever I'm making that I forget to take photos in the process), so hopefully these few photos and explanations will help with how to make your own pajama party invitations!
Materials needed:
- cardstock paper & printer
- scissors
- Cute pajama fabric (enough to cover one side of your invitations)
- Furry/soft fabric (enough to cut bunnies for all your feets)
- Googly eyes (four eyes for each invite)
- Ribbon (for the tops of the pjs and bowties)
- PVA (poly vinyl acetate = the best glue on earth)
- craft glue
Create a template for your invites using a design program (I used Adobe InDesign, but since all I did was draw straight lines, I'm sure it would be easy to make in Microsoft Word as well). Leave one side blank and put all your party invitation on the other side. Print and cut out your invites.
Lay your pajama fabric face-down on top of a covered work area. Glue the blank side of your invites to the fabric using PVA. Apply the PVA to the paper using a sponge brush, then smooth out the paper onto the fabric.
Once dry, cut out your invitations - using fabric scissors for best results. Cut ribbon to length and glue to the top of the "pants" using the craft glue. Add a little bow to the middle for a "drawstring". Next, cut out little bunny heads from the soft fabric to glue to the feet of the "pants". Leave the bottom of the head as a straight line so that it fits neatly to the bottom of the foot area. Use the craft glue to adhere the bunny heads to the pajamas, then the googly eyes onto the bunny heads.

These were pretty easy to make, and with four hands (mine and Becky's) the work went by pretty fast. One little addition I made to our pink envelopes (purchased from a paper store), was a stamped image that marked that this was a Ten Party Project event. This way, if people are invited to multiple parties, they'll know to expect something awesome (hopefully) and can have a collection of awesome invites at the end of the year. They can also see how the invitations were made and a fun re-cap of the parties here on our blog! To create the stamp I used a custom stamp maker purchased at Staples. Putting the letters on one at a time with tweezers was a little time-consuming and making everything backwards and centered was a pain. But, I love the look that it gives, so I'll probably be using it for future projects (even those not Ten Party related).


The party is tomorrow night and I'm really excited! I'll be sure to post a party re-cap with plenty of pictures.
Please send me photos if you use this tutorial to make invitations for you or friends. I'd love to see how they turn out. There's so many cute fabrics out there right now, you could make each one unique!

2 comments:
Are they coming over to your place? By that, I mean, what's Dave doin' about all this?
By the way, cool idea for a series of posts. I probably won't be doing any girls nights soon, but it's cool to see what you guys are up to.
We had the party at Becky's house since her hubby was out of town that night.
I think Davey stayed at home and played Guitar Hero, because I don't really like playing it.
Post a Comment