What season is it? Winter, right? My head is trying to enjoy winter (even though my body despises the cold) but everyone else is telling me that it’s time to think of spring.
I’m almost scared to go into stores: I went to Target yesterday and found myself staring at bikinis and beach towels as I stood before them in snow boots and mittens thinking What the….?. It’s hard to get into the spring mood when it’s raining outside and 40 degrees. Christmas is over and I’m already being asked what I plan to do for Easter and where I’ll vacation this summer. I think there are so many books out there on enjoying the moment for this very reason, no one will ever let us!
As of late, my moments usually come when I see these two lovebirds flying around Lake Sammamish on my drive home.

I've decided to name them Liberty and Justice. There last name is Ferall (pronounced fur-ahl). Cheesy, why yes, but that is what a sense of humor passed down from your daddy will git ya. I was driving to church one evening recently and Liberty ended up flying parallel to my car for most of the way, with the sunset on the lake in the background. Finally she flew into a high tree and sat next to her hunny, Justice. They are just so graceful to see in flight, sweet to see together and even more amazing to see silouhetted by the sunset on the lake -- definitely a God moment for me, and I enjoyed every second.

(lame photo via my phone that i tried to make better with photoshop, but you get the idea)
No comments:
Post a Comment